Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Sound of a Hiccup

My old knee injury started acting up last Wednesday.  So I haven't trained in almost a week.  I have been just a bit too sore and I didn't want to push myself and really screw things up. I will start up again tomorrow with a lighter workout and slowly get back into the full routine (Parenthetically, that is exactly the advice our Vet gave for my daughter's horse, but that's another story altogether). Think I will replace running with something low impact like cycling or an eliptical workout for the time being.

Here is what I have noticed.  I feel sluggish, bored and generally unmotivated and I am spending more time on Facebook. Ugh!  And the cravings ... holy crap on a cracker!  I am having MONDO CRAVINGS for pizza, potato chips, pop and beer.  Oh damn, I sooooo want beer ... and lots of it.  Fortunately, my wife Agi, has been trying to keep me on the straight and narrow, well, except for the potato chips.  She loves them too.  Who knew All Dressed could be that delicious!  I really indulged the beer craving late last week too.  And it took a few days to recover, but that might be because of the Sangria the next night.  It's hot out.  So sue me!

I guess it is like a hole in the dike.  When one part of the regime goes, the rest comes crashing down soon afterwards.  I probably should have kept doing some type of exercise instead of stopping completely.  And I was getting so fond of having a six pack too.  So I am really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things tomorrow.

On the upside, one of my buddies has promised a sizable donation to WaterCan if I get a picture of myself with a lit cigar at the top of Kili (He wanted me holding a case of beer too, but I talked him down.  lol).  I don't think we will be on top of Uhuru Peak for very long, but you know it has to be done! Am I right or am I right?

The fundraising is going well.  Thank you for asking.  I am just a wee bit shy of $9,000 right now and we have close to 3 months left before we go.  So I am confident that, through your generous support, my participation in WaterCan's  Kilimanjaro Climb For Life will bring clean water and sanitation FOR LIFE to over 400 people.  And that will change lives.  I was looking at some stats.  When you bring water to a community in Africa, school participation rates go up by something like upwards of 65%.  That blows me away!

So thank you for your continued support everyone.  Please keep it up.  Fit and focused Chris should be back in no time.      

No comments:

Post a Comment