Saturday, May 19, 2012

Unanticipated Consequences

Today marked the end of Week 3 in the training regime.  It is also the start of the Victoria Day long weekend.  Some changes are obvious.  I am not indulging the vices I enjoy so much, I am exercising at least 5 days a week, my diet is healthier and I am sleeping more (usually).  As a result, I have lost some weight (8 lbs), I am starting to look better and I am feeling better.  You would expect that, although I am bit surprised at how quickly the transformation is taking place. There are also some interesting changes, I didn't anticipate.  

Because of the long weekend, there was office work I was determined to get done and I missed today's workout.  It actually made me grumpy. I guess that says something about how much I am into the training and how much I need those endorphins.  And then tonight, I decided I could have a May 24 indulgence.  No, I didn't put back a case of suds.  I went to one of my favourite burger joints and ordered a double banquet burger, onion rings, fries with gravy and a Coke!  I should mention that since I started training, I have pretty much cut out sugar and caffeine from my diet.  The sugar was on purpose, the caffeine just sort of happened. I have no idea why. Anyways, remember how I said I am getting more sleep?  Not tonight, that one can of Coke got me completely wired.  That never happened before.  A month ago, I could drink coffee and Coke all day and all night ... and fall asleep like a baby for 4 or 5 hours. 

So I can't sleep.  And I have a new blog.  And now you know why. 

No comments:

Post a Comment