Thursday, May 24, 2012

A hectic, short week has made it difficult to keep to the training regime, but I am getting in a workout where I can, usually in bits and pieces.  It is quite surprising how much I miss the exercise ... and eating healthy, slow food. I'm planning on a big hike at the Forks of the Credit on Saturday and a whole lot of cooking to get me through the next week.

The first week of fundraising has gone great.  More than $1,000 has already come in and a lot of people have made pledges.  It is really encouraging.  So please keep those donations coming in. 

A number of people who have contributed have felt the need to apologize for not being able to contribute more.  I would just like to remind people that the cost of providing a person with clean water, for life, in Africa is just $25.  That, in turn, translates into better health, an education and a chance for a better life.  So please keep in mind that your donation, no matter how small, makes a real difference to someone's life.  Feel good about that!  Thank you for your continuing support.

To donate or learn more, click here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment